Friday, May 17, 2013

Team to End AIDS

Hi friends,

I am training for the Chicago Half Marathon in September with the Team to End AIDS foundation. I'm so excited to help this amazing organization. Lots of organizations have a half-marathon or marathon training team, but I choose the Team to End AIDS (T2) for many important reasons. 


Every 9 and 1/2 minutes someone in the United States is infected with HIV! And, nearly 1.2 million Americans are now living with HIV. But, this is only one side of the coin. We must fight the stigma that keeps so many suffering in silence. We all are in this together, and together we must take on HIV/AIDS on all fronts: prevention, education, and inspiration! That is why over the next several months I will train with T2 to push myself further and further to support the AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC). AFC is leading the fight against HIV/AIDS in the Chicago area by funding prevention programs and services such as medical care, food and housing, to stop the spread of HIV and help people live full and productive lives until the day there’s a cure.

Thank you in advanced for your support and donations. My goal is to raise $750 - every single donation helps me reach this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment